A laminate kitchen countertop can last for many years. All you need to do is take care of the countertop. And you just have to follow some simple steps. In this blog, we will discuss some effective ways to prolong the life of countertops. Let’s have a look.
• You should always keep knives and sharp objects away from the surface of countertops. It will protect them from scratches and burns. You should always use a cutting board for cutting vegetables.
• You should never place hot objects on the countertop. A hot pot or pan can severely damage your countertop. It can permanently scorch the laminate. So, be very careful with hot objects!
• You should always clean kitchen countertops with water and a non-abrasive household cleaner. In case of stains, use baking soda or other safe products. When dealing with deep stains, you should be very careful.
• Heavy objects with abrupt impact can also damage the countertop. It can result in chipped corners. So, you should be very careful with heavy objects in the kitchen. It is highly recommended that you move heavy items gently.
• You should apply laminate wax on the countertop. Regular waxing can prevent stains and improve the appearance of the countertop.
In conclusion, it is very easy to take care of laminate countertops. They are affordable and durable, not impervious. By following these tips, the countertop in your kitchen will last for years. You will be able to avoid discoloration, fading or damaging as well.